Softest Washcloths / Facecloths for Sensitive Skin

Fairface™ Washcloths were mentioned as one of the Best Washcloths for facial cleansing on Into The Gloss! Made for sensitive skin, but loved by all, the soothing properties of Fairface™ Washcloths make them a must-have for any skin care routine.

Soothing, skin-calming fabrics offer relief from further irritation and redness that the harsh textures of regular washcloths can cause. Whether you suffer from red, dry, irritated skin, Eczema, Acne, Rosacea, Dermatitis, or other sensitive skin conditions, Fairface Washcloths™ can offer you gentle, soothing relief.

Only the finest and softest 100% cotton face-friendly fabrics are used to create a soothing and gentle wash, & no harsh textures. Fairface™ Washcloths come in convenient packages of 2 and are affordable for any budget. Experience the pleasure of happy skin with Fairface Washcloths™!

*Available exclusively through the quick & secure Payment option below or our shops: FairfaceWashcloths.com , & Fairface Washcloths.etsy.com


The Psychology of Skin Care: Fairface Podcast Episode 2

The Psychology of Skin Care: a peek into our psyche: Fairface Podcast Episode 2:
Fairface Podcast Episode 2: The Psychology of Skin Care


Listen now on Apple/Itunes  or on other channels here












Fairface Podcast show notes

a look at the psychology of skin care
The Psychology of Skin Care

A peek into our skin care psyche. The pathway to a pampered, peaceful state of being, and how we can get more of it.



INTRO

Hi there! Thanks so much for being here. It makes me happy to have friends like you who love to learn and talk about some of the same things that I do. This is fun and I really appreciate you being here.

Today I wanted to dive into a subject that has been on my mind lately - which is the psychology of skin care. And you're probably wondering what that means.

A Little About My Background

First of all, before I started making Fairface Washcloths or LBW (Life Before Washcloths), I was in a very different career. I've always been interested in psychology, and human behavior and the way people think and act and the dynamics between people. 

I went to graduate school and earned a Master's degree in Human Development with the idea that I would, once finished, I would open my own counseling practice.

But I actually kind of went in a different direction after I was finished and ended up doing some career and employment counseling as well as working with kids in elementary schools in different capacities and loved all of that.

But the point of all of this, is that I almost can't help myself from looking at different topics from a psychological point of view. And when it comes to skin care, I guess it's no different.



The Dream that Inspired Me To Talk about the Psychology of Skin Care

If you read my most recent blog post, the one where I embarrassed myself and shared that I dreamed I was best friends with someone on Instagram, yah, that was kind of embarrassing, but at least the girl was cool (it's Jenn from @theramblingredhead). If you've ever followed her you will know that she is really hilarious and just has such a cute personality and family... that obviously it would be someone I would be best friends with in real life, but yes, this was just a dream.

lessons about skin care from my dreams

But anyway, so it was during that dream that she had someone from UltaBeauty stop by and they had brought gift bags full of beauty products and she had been super sweet enough to set aside a couple bags for me. 

And in this dream, I'm holding these gift bags and I'm wondering if one of these gift bags might have something in it like a face mask that I could actually use on my sensitive skin - because honestly, I'm scared that most beauty products will be too harsh on my skin and make it break out, or turn bright red or you know, melt right off my face, pretty much.

But so as the dream continues, it flashes forward to me with this milky white creamy, dreamy face mask slathered on my face and I'm wrapped up a cozy, fluffy soft cream colored robe and I literally feel like I am the happiest girl in the world and I felt so peaceful and serene.

And then I woke up and I realized that Jenn and I really aren't real life friends which is kind of a bummer because she seems so nice but that feeling that I had about skin care, I really had never felt before. 

It was like I had plugged my brain into someone else's head and felt what most people, I'm guessing, feel about skin care products that I have never really felt myself and I'm sure because I'm more afraid products will be uncomfortable or too harsh on my sensitive skin, that I've kind of created that aversion for myself.

But that's when I had this, what I call, my skin are epiphany and that was, and you can quote me on this because I actually created this quote all myself, ok, here it is:


skin care and how it affects your feelings
"What skin care does for the soul may actually be just as powerful as what it does for the skin." - Shannon Sorensen, Founder, CEO, Fairface


Now let that sink in for a minute.

We know that certain skin care products can make actual physical changes to the skin and make it look better, behave better and feel better. 

So the psychological impact of that product on the person who uses it may actually far outweigh the product itself. When we feel good about the way we look, it changes everything. It literally can be life changing.

On a personal note, like I mentioned in the last podcast episode (which also happens to be the very first one), I talked about how Fairface Washcloths, the washcloths I created, how they saved my skin. This product changed my life and that's why I share it now. It changed my skin and the way that I felt about myself and the way that I looked. And that is incredibly powerful.

Now let's look at this from a few different angles.


Why do you buy skin care products?

I would guess first and foremost it's because your skin has presented a need or a problem and you are looking for a solution.

For example, you need to wash your face so you look for a cleanser that is appropriate for your skin type or your skin has started to get maybe red and irritated so you go looking for something that can help remedy that problem and make it better.

But have you ever thought about WHY you choose the products you do?

  • Is it the packaging?
  • Is it the brand message?
  • Is it the smell of the product? (and for those of us with sensitive skin, that makes me cringe because smelly products are usually the ones that cause me the most irritation, so I kind of stay away from those.)
  • Is it the hope of what that product will do for you?
  • Is it the way you hope to look if you use that product?
  • Is it is the way you think you will feel when you use that product?
  • Is it that using that particular product makes you feel good - whether it's the feel and texture of it against your skin, or is it that you feel good about YOURSELF because you use it - like it's eco friendly, better for the environment, healthy, etc.

Can you see how all of this is so much more psychological (you know, the way we think about it) than the actual physical product itself?

This is really what I think of when we talk about "self-care" because caring for yourself is definitely tied to the psychology or the emotional part of skin care.

What I mean by that is - 
Along with what products can DO for your skin, think about the way using a face mask, or a soft washcloth, or soothing lotions, or having dim light and candles burning, and bath bombs lightly fizzing in the bathtub...think about how that makes you feel. 

These products are a pathway to creating a feeling. An experience. A happy, peaceful, pampered, relaxed state of being.

And who doesn't want more of that? I know I do. When I woke up from my skin care epiphany dream, I felt myself longing for that - to be back in that peaceful state of mind, slathered in my imaginary creamy face mask and wrapped up in that fuzzy, soft robe.

For those of you who have used our washcloths, you know they create some of that skin care love. You know they are good for your skin and they will also make your skin feel good because they are soft and gentle to the skin. And they will also make you feel good at the same time. So it's a win-win!

The trick for me is to find other feel-good products that my sensitive skin can actually tolerate - because I want more of that pampered, relaxed feeling that I'm guessing something like face masks and lotions and bubble baths can bring but the trick is finding products that will be good TO my skin as well, because it is so sensitive.

Okay, that's a lot to process! Think of this as your Skin Care Counseling session! It will give you a lot to think about before our next episode.

Thanks again for listening and I'll see you next time.



Does any of this resonate with you? I'd love to hear what you think or if you have any topics you'd like me to cover on our podcast. Please leave a comment below or get in touch with me through social media. You can find me @FairfaceWashcloths on Instagram or Facebook.

And thanks so much for sharing our podcast with your family and friends! I appreciate you being here!


***SHOP our soft washcloths for sensitive skin:




No comments:

Post a Comment