Softest Washcloths / Facecloths for Sensitive Skin

Fairface™ Washcloths were mentioned as one of the Best Washcloths for facial cleansing on Into The Gloss! Made for sensitive skin, but loved by all, the soothing properties of Fairface™ Washcloths make them a must-have for any skin care routine.

Soothing, skin-calming fabrics offer relief from further irritation and redness that the harsh textures of regular washcloths can cause. Whether you suffer from red, dry, irritated skin, Eczema, Acne, Rosacea, Dermatitis, or other sensitive skin conditions, Fairface Washcloths™ can offer you gentle, soothing relief.

Only the finest and softest 100% cotton face-friendly fabrics are used to create a soothing and gentle wash, & no harsh textures. Fairface™ Washcloths come in convenient packages of 2 and are affordable for any budget. Experience the pleasure of happy skin with Fairface Washcloths™!

*Available exclusively through the quick & secure Payment option below or our shops: FairfaceWashcloths.com , & Fairface Washcloths.etsy.com


Using Olay Retinol on Rosacea and Sensitive Skin

olay 24 retinol with peptides
I'm so late to the retinol party.  

Having sensitive skin and rosacea has made me afraid of using a retinol for fear it will screw up my clear skin and leave it red and irritated.

I have worked really hard to find a skin care routine that works perfectly for me to keep my skin clear and healthy. Why would I want to introduce a product to my sensitive skin that has the potential to royally mess it up?


Benefits of using a Retinol

I'm not getting any younger, and my skin is starting to show signs of aging. Next to using sunscreen everyday, many dermatologists also  recommend starting a retinoid.

According to Olay's website, Olay 24's  proprietary blend of Vitamin B3 + Retinol complex, is said to hydrate skin, visibly improve fine lines & wrinkles, and offer benefits to skin texture and brightness with their fragrance-free, dye free moisturizer.

Despite the benefits, we also know that retinol has a reputation to irritate skin, especially for those of us who have sensitive skin conditions. 

Can I use a Retinol if I have Sensitive Skin or Rosacea?


The short answer is yes, but cautiously, and what you should use will vary by strength and product.

Several months ago at my full body skin exam, I asked my dermatologist about starting a retinol. She mentioned that although it could be beneficial to my skin, it also had the potential to irritate and redden my sensitive, rosacea-prone skin, which she wanted to avoid. 

Instead of starting on a prescription retinol, I asked whether an over-the-counter retinol like Olay 24 with Retinol and Peptides would be a good place to start? And she said yes. So our plan was to introduce a retinol to my skin slowly and gently and see what happened.

I'll admit, it had been several months since my dermatology appointment and I still hadn't started an OTL retinol.  My fear that it would irritate my skin kept outweighing the benefits, but when Costco had a sale on Olay 24 last weekend? I finally bit the bullet and bought some.


My Retinol - Rosacea - Sensitive Skin Care Routine


After watching demonstrations about how much retinol to put on your skin and how to apply it, (there are lots of good videos on Instagram from licensed dermatologists, like @ranellamd), I felt confident moving forward.

Last night was the first night I used Olay 24 with retinol and peptides and so far, my skin loved it. Side Effects: 
I did experience a little bit of redness and tingling on my cheeks, but by morning it was totally gone. 

I started slow, and with a little extra barrier to start. 


sensitive skin care products
Here is the sensitive skin care routine I followed THE FIRST night:


I washed my face with Vanicream gentle cleanser and a soft, flannel Fairface Washcloth (the only cleanser and soft washcloths I will use on my face!).

Then, I applied metronidazole gel for rosacea. 

Next, instead of putting on the Olay 24 Retinol, I applied CeraVe moisturizing cream, as a bit of a barrier to start.

And lastly, I applied a little bigger than a pea size amount of Olay 24 retinol cream on my finger, and dotted it on my forehead, cheeks, nose and chin (to evenly distribute it) and then rubbed it in all over my face. 

The texture of the Olay 24 was really nice and I love that it doesn't have a fragrance.


I will continue using Olay 24 with Retinol and Peptides every other night. 

UPDATE:
I have loved using Olay's retinol every other night. 

The only change I have made: 
is instead of buffering the Olay retinol with CeraVe first, I have been applying the retinol cream to my skin right after applying my metronidazole gel and follow that with CeraVe cream. 

I'm so happy my rosacea + sensitive skin have been tolerating the Olay 24 Retinol so well! I will continue to keep you posted! 

xo Shannon

Founder and CEO, Fairface Washcloths





If you have Rosacea &/or sensitive skin, have you tried a retinol? Olay retinol? 

I'd love to hear your experience! Please let me know in the comments below!






stack of Fairface soft flannel washcloths for sensitive skin and rosacea
SHOP Fairface soft flannel Washcloths



AND


Fairface Washcloths are the only washcloths you should be using on your face! They are gentle and soothing to your skin. 

Once you try Fairface Washcloths, you'll never go back to scratchy old washcloths again!


No comments:

Post a Comment