Softest Washcloths / Facecloths for Sensitive Skin

Fairface™ Washcloths were mentioned as one of the Best Washcloths for facial cleansing on Into The Gloss! Made for sensitive skin, but loved by all, the soothing properties of Fairface™ Washcloths make them a must-have for any skin care routine.

Soothing, skin-calming fabrics offer relief from further irritation and redness that the harsh textures of regular washcloths can cause. Whether you suffer from red, dry, irritated skin, Eczema, Acne, Rosacea, Dermatitis, or other sensitive skin conditions, Fairface Washcloths™ can offer you gentle, soothing relief.

Only the finest and softest 100% cotton face-friendly fabrics are used to create a soothing and gentle wash, & no harsh textures. Fairface™ Washcloths come in convenient packages of 2 and are affordable for any budget. Experience the pleasure of happy skin with Fairface Washcloths™!

*Available exclusively through the quick & secure Payment option below or our shops: FairfaceWashcloths.com , & Fairface Washcloths.etsy.com


The Voice behind the Fairface Washcloths brand: Fairface Podcast Episode 1

Meet Shannon Sorensen, CEO, Fairface Washcloths: Fairface Podcast Episode 1

Fairface Podcast Episode 1: The Voice Behind the brand - Welcome to Fairface



Listen now on Apple/Itunes  or on other channels here








Fairface Podcast show notes
The Voice Behind the brand - Welcome to Fairface
INTRO:
Hey, welcome to episode 1 of the Fairface Podcast this is Shannon, the CEO and founder of Fairface Washcloths. In this episode you'll get to know me a little bit better and the story behind how Fairface Washcloths first came to be.


The Voice Behind the brand - Welcome to Fairface
Well hello! And welcome to the first official podcast for Fairface, a place where you can learn a little more about me, the person behind the Fairface Washcloths brand, and a place to talk and learn more about sensitive skin care and wellness issues that most of us either are facing now or will face at some point in our lives. I'm excited to talk to you and wanted to start out with just a little bit more about me.

I'm guessing that you stopped by because you are either a customer, currently! Hi! We love you! Or someone who wants to learn more about who we are to see if our washcloths can help their skin - so hello and we love you too! So whoever you are, so glad you're here and thanks so much again for joining us.

Ok, so who am I, this voice behind the Fairface Washcloths brand? Well, again my name is Shannon and I am the founder and CEO of Fairface Washcloths, also known as the best soft washcloths for sensitive skin.

My husband and I live in a small town about 30 minutes east of Seattle and absolutely love it out here - it's really quiet and peaceful. I grew up in the Seattle area and so it's home to me.

And yes, I know what you're thinking, Seattle actually does get as much rain as you probably think it does and yes, sometimes that gets really old, especially when the gray and rain kind of goes on for days and days and we are desperate for sunshine. But the truth is, the rain, to me, can also be really comforting and calming, you know, there's nothing like falling asleep to the rain...so who needs a sound machine when you have the real thing outside, right?

But our summers are amazing and our springs really aren't too gray either, but there's nothing like the cool, crisp, clean air of the Pacific Northwest and being so close to lakes and oceans. So if you're going to visit, I would recommend doing it in the later spring or summer...and sometimes it stays nice into the first part of October. It's a beautiful area and we have family close by so it's great and we love it.

Ok, enough about me and my obsession with weather (because I actually do have an obsession with weather that maybe we'll talk about later, but anyway...)

When people ask me what I do for a living, it's funny, sometimes I get strange looks when I say, I make washcloths. So I've realized I've got to say that I make specialty soft washcloths for sensitive skin and maybe they tend to respond to that a little bit better.

You often hear about products being born out of necessity and really my story is not much different than that.

I started making these soft washcloths several years ago because of my own struggle with sensitive skin. I know a lot about sensitive skin because I have it and I've tried to learn a lot about it so I can share it with our customers. I know a lot about Rosacea, because I also have that and although my skin is clear and totally managed right now, several years ago, it wasn't.

I think it was back in about 2009 before I had been diagnosed with rosacea, and my skin was raging and itchy and red and bumpy and I didn't know what to do to help it, so just know that I'm coming from a place of compassion and understanding and that maybe, even if we don't share the exact same skin care issues with each other, I sure have compassion and an understanding of what it feels like to feel desparate, and concerned and scared to be able to figure out what's going on with your skin and how to calm it down.

I really do consider myself a skin care advocate because like I said, I really do care about helping people with sensitive skin issues find the right products to help their skin so they can look and feel their best. So that's really, honestly, the motivating factor behind what I do every day. It's not just about making washcloths, it's about providing something that can help someone else's skin the same way it helped mine.

I don't know if you've read our "About Us" story on our website FairfaceWashcloths.com, about how Fairface Washcloths were first created, but it came out of my own struggles with skin care issues.

Now I'll get a little personal here, even more than I've shared up to this point. Back in 2009 before I was diagnosed with Rosacea and my skin was raging against me, my husband and I were actually going through the Invitro process in hopes of having a baby. So you can imagine the stress of that whole process on your body and skin, plus having hormone injections that wack out your system. So personally, I literally feel like that is what ignited my Rosacea in the first place because that's when the first flares began and it was so irritated and I didn't understand what was going on with my skin.

After going to the dermatologist and finding out I had Rosacea, honestly, I was relieved that I finally had a name for it, I knew what was going on with my skin and he gave me a low dose antibiotic topical gel, you've probably heard the name metro gel before, and, oh my goodness, it cost us like a million dollars - it was $85.00 even with insurance and we were so strapped for money at that time because of the invitro expenses, but I was like, um are you kidding me, I will pay whatever I have to pay - just give me that gel if it's going to work and calm my skin down. And luckily it helped to initially, kind of, get everything calmed down. So I guess you could say it was worth the investment, but at the time that was kind of a gouge.

The thing is, I remember getting home that night, and looking in my bathroom at the skin care products I'd been using - the cleansers, the lotions, the washcloths that I'd been using on my face and I just stood there and thought, I don't know how in the world to take care of my skin now.

Because even when I washed as gently as I could with regular washcloths they irritated my skin so bad, it would turn red and was irritated and it just keep that nasty cycle going - and so I knew I had to have something that was a lot softer and more gentle on my skin. So I actually went out and I tried baby washcloths and other cloths that were supposed to be for sensitive skin but they still weren't gentle enough, my face just couldn't calm down, you know, the redness and irritation, it was like I was caught in that cycle.

So that's, honestly, when I took matters into my own hands and started looking for fabrics that were soft and gentle and testing things out and that's when the first Fairface Washcloths were born. They were just something I used for myself, but as I say, they were created out of necessity and shared out of love because I had made, in my hands, the holy grail of soft cloths for my face, and it saved my skin, and knew I had something special that could help other people with sensitive skin and so I knew I needed to share them, and, that's kind of, how it all started.


Well, this has been fun a lot of fun and I have so much more to talk to you about, but this will do it for now. So I hope you'll join me for future episodes where we can continue to get to know each other and I can share more of what I know about sensitive skin and rosacea and answer any questions or concerns you might have about what you're going through. Thanks so much for listening and I look forward to seeing you next time.





Hey - thanks for reading or listening to our new podcast! If you know someone who might like to listen, please share it with them! We'd really appreciate it!

And if you're interested in our soft washcloths, you're welcome to check out our Etsy Shop or thru our website FairfaceWashcloths.com. Thanks for being here. We really appreciate you!

No comments:

Post a Comment