Softest Washcloths / Facecloths for Sensitive Skin

Fairface™ Washcloths were mentioned as one of the Best Washcloths for facial cleansing on Into The Gloss! Made for sensitive skin, but loved by all, the soothing properties of Fairface™ Washcloths make them a must-have for any skin care routine.

Soothing, skin-calming fabrics offer relief from further irritation and redness that the harsh textures of regular washcloths can cause. Whether you suffer from red, dry, irritated skin, Eczema, Acne, Rosacea, Dermatitis, or other sensitive skin conditions, Fairface Washcloths™ can offer you gentle, soothing relief.

Only the finest and softest 100% cotton face-friendly fabrics are used to create a soothing and gentle wash, & no harsh textures. Fairface™ Washcloths come in convenient packages of 2 and are affordable for any budget. Experience the pleasure of happy skin with Fairface Washcloths™!

*Available exclusively through the quick & secure Payment option below or our shops: FairfaceWashcloths.com , & Fairface Washcloths.etsy.com


Doctor Anxiety and My Upcoming Full Body Skin Exam

podcast about anxiety going to the doctor and my upcoming my skin cancer screening
Fairface Podcast Episode 36

Doctor Anxiety and My Upcoming Full Body Skin Exam




Listen NOW or on Apple/Itunes + other channels





Fairface Podcast transcript / show notes

Hello my friends! Welcome back to another episode of the Fairface Podcast.

I just wanted to check in with you today and let you know I finally did something I've been putting off for years...even though I know how important it is.


This Thursday (so in 2-1/2 days) ...

I'm going to have my first ever full body skin exam, also known as a skin cancer screening.

I've been putting this off for years because it makes me feel really anxious. 

I get anxious going to the doctor anyway, but I don't like the idea of stripping down to my undies and putting on a robe and having someone inspect my skin all over my body with a bright light and magnifying glass.

Is it just me? Or does the idea of this kind of terrify you too?

I'm not looking forward to it because it kind of freaks me out but on the other hand, I am looking forward to finally having it done and putting it behind me for at least another year.

I think, kind of in a way to work through my feelings and anxiety about all of this, I wrote a couple of blog posts recently

One is called, What a Full Body Skin Exam is really like (basically this is more of a comical look at what I've heard it is like and what my fears have made it out to be)

And

another post about my fear of going to the doctor, which is real, and the 4 ways that helped me to overcome it - which I wrote in preparation for actually going to this upcoming skin exam.

And I'm going to post again about what actually happened when I went in for my annual skin exam, after I'm done, to hopefully take the fear out of what it's really like, so you won't be afraid to do it either.

The 4 ways that helped me overcome my fear of going to the doctor are really helping me take care of the appointments I need to do, like going to the dentist and having a yearly check-up. So I hope these tips can help you too.

 

doctor with stethoscope white coat syndrome

 

Do you get major anxiety before going to the doctor?

Honestly, I didn't used to, other than normal nerves, but the last few years after dealing with some other major anxiety in my life, it kind of pushed me over the edge and my anxiety started to bleed into all areas of my life.

It escalated to panic attacks, which are some of the worst things I've ever experienced. It affected how I felt and what choices I made, how I interacted with people, where I went, and that included going to important appointments, like the doctor and dentist.

I remember sitting in the doctor's office waiting for someone to come in, and my heart just started pounding out of my chest. I felt like I couldn't catch my breath, and tried to manage my breathing but still felt light headed and like I was going to pass out. I knew it was a panic attack, but I also knew I couldn't do anything about it other than let it run its course, or run out of the room and not follow through with the appointment.

When the assistant came in to take my blood pressure, I tried to joke, and said, "Sorry, I don't know why I'm so anxious, my blood pressure is going to be off the charts."...and that was correct, she kind of tried to reassure me but said, "Yes, it was pretty high. But you're not the only one who gets anxious in a doctor's appointment."

She left, and as I sat again and waited in the room for the doctor to come in, my anxiety started to build again but I knew I needed to stay and follow through with the appointment. So when the doctor finally came in, my heart was still pounding, my thoughts were still racing, and I still wanted to run out of the room, but I didn't, and I just told her, "Sorry I'm feeling really anxious," and she said, "Oh, a little white coat syndrome? Don't worry, a lot of people go through this."

I had never heard the term white coat syndrome before, but I guess that's what medical professionals call it when someone's blood pressure spikes or their nerves just go crazy during their visit to a doctor, aka a professional wearing a white coat.

Anyway, if you get nervous and anxious before and during a doctor's appointment, just know that you're not alone. I feel it too. And I'm trying to work through my anxious feelings so I can take care of these important appointments.


skin pre cancer screening
Why I'm getting a Full Body Skin Exam

This skin cancer screening has been on my mind a lot lately because as I get older, my skin changes a little bit. Random things show up on my skin, there are some texture changes, and I just want to make sure I take care of my skin. And if they do find something pre-cancerous, or even cancerous, the best outcomes happen when things are caught early.

I've mentioned in other episodes  that I didn't always wear sunscreen like I do now [Sunscreen Diaries 1 & Sunscreen Diaries 2]. I got my first blistering sunburn on my shoulders, while visiting Disneyland with my family when I was around 7 years old, and that alone, supposedly doubles my risk for getting melanoma. Not to mention the many sunburns I got as a child, teenager and young adult.

I didn't start wearing sunscreen on my face every day until I was in graduate school when I was around 27 years old.

And although I go to my dermatologist about every year or so to get my rosacea topical medication renewed, I have not ever had a full body, head-to-toe skin exam. So there is definitely a reason I should have this skin screening done, and why it's important for you to consider having one too. It really is just as important as other health exams we should also be doing every year.

The truth is, when I finally psyched myself up and talked myself into making the appointment last week, they couldn't get me in for this skin screening, until July. And because I didn't want to have to keep worrying about it, I asked if they could put me on a cancellation list and that's how I got in for this Thursday. So instead of having to wait 2-1/2 more months, I get to go in 2-1/2 more days. So I really see it as a blessing. 

Yes, I'm still nervous, but I am really excited to have it done and over with. I'm also happy to be sharing it with you so hopefully it can help you overcome your fear of making these hard or scary appointments, and know that you're not alone. That I also feel these same feelings of anxiety, and it really can be hard just to take that first step and make the appointment. Just know that we're all in this together and if I can do this, you can definitely do this.


If you need some encouragement, please reach out to me, I'm happy to be that person for you. You can find me on Instagram @FairfaceWashcloths or you can also email me through our website, https://www.fairfacewashcloths.com/contact-us.html and I will get back to you personally. I want you to know that you're not alone with all of these fears and anxieties around going to the doctor and dermatologist and even dentist. So if you need a person, reach out to me. I'm happy to be there for you.

Well, I will be back soon to let you know how it went! Please be thinking happy thoughts for me and fingers crossed, everything will go well. I will get back to you and let you know how I survive it, how things go, and even what they told me during my appointment. 

Thanks so much for being here. I will be back soon to let you know how it goes. See you next time!




SHOP our soft washcloths for sensitive skin:

thru our Fairface Washcloths Etsy Shop

Or

our FairfaceWashcloths.com


No comments:

Post a Comment