Softest Washcloths / Facecloths for Sensitive Skin

Fairface™ Washcloths were mentioned as one of the Best Washcloths for facial cleansing on Into The Gloss! Made for sensitive skin, but loved by all, the soothing properties of Fairface™ Washcloths make them a must-have for any skin care routine.

Soothing, skin-calming fabrics offer relief from further irritation and redness that the harsh textures of regular washcloths can cause. Whether you suffer from red, dry, irritated skin, Eczema, Acne, Rosacea, Dermatitis, or other sensitive skin conditions, Fairface Washcloths™ can offer you gentle, soothing relief.

Only the finest and softest 100% cotton face-friendly fabrics are used to create a soothing and gentle wash, & no harsh textures. Fairface™ Washcloths come in convenient packages of 2 and are affordable for any budget. Experience the pleasure of happy skin with Fairface Washcloths™!

*Available exclusively through the quick & secure Payment option below or our shops: FairfaceWashcloths.com , & Fairface Washcloths.etsy.com


What a Full Body Skin Exam is really like

yearly skin exams what to expect
We've all been there ladies, told to skootch up to the end of the table, with our feet in stirrups, in an out-of-body robotic mental-state, with our lady parts out for all to see. Oh wait, wrong exam. Or is it?

If you're like me, if I'm going to get a yearly full body skin exam, I may as well be getting a pap smear, (or I guess for men the equivalent of a proctology exam?) and we all know how much we look forward to that.

Any appointment that makes me strip down to my undies (or do I take them off entirely?) isn't just something I dread, it's something I don't do at all. Even though it's super important for my health.

Do you feel the same way?

Is a yearly skin exam really as bad as it sounds?

According to skincancer.org, this is what to expect during a full body skin exam, which should be done at least yearly.

Underwear or no underwear? 

You will have to strip down to your undies and put on their medical gown. Which way said gown opens, is yet to be determined. And in most cases you will keep your underwear on, unless there is a spot you are concerned about. And from what I read, they may take a peek under your underwear and then cover you up again "for your privacy." Do I still have any left at this point?

And in case you are afraid of accidentally taking off your underwear when you aren't supposed to? Just ask them what they want. I know it can be embarrassing to even have to say the word "underwear" out loud to a stranger, but it would be way more embarrassing to be completely naked and not have to be. AmIright?

Just keep breathing.

 

What happens next in a full body skin exam 

Your Dermatologist will then examine you from your scalp down to your toes...and they may even pull out their magnifying device to see your skin up close and personal, as well as looking at just beneath the surface of your skin (I can't imagine how it does that kind of magic, but I'll take their word for it).

Summing up their words, they will check the total area of your skin, including those hard to see spots like your back, behind your ears and yes, they did say buttocks. Cringe. Believe me, imagining someone looking directly at my bare bum cheeks, while laying on my back, is a lot to take in. And why does the word Buttocks somehow make it that much worse?

Just keep breathing.

Final steps for your full body skin exam 

And the final step, would be for them to do a biopsy if they do see something of concern and sending it off to the lab to be analyzed. They would most likely call you with the results or call you in for a follow-up appointment. 

I know all of this can be scary, but early detection is the best way to prevent the worst case scenarios.


A full body skin exam doesn't have to be something you dread

According to an Instagram post by @drmarisagarshick (a NYC Board Certified Dermatologist and Clinical Assistant Professor at Cornell), a full body skin exam doesn't need to be something you're afraid to do. 

You don't need to be worried whether you've shaved your legs or not, or how much you weigh, or I'll add, how flabby and pale your bum cheeks are.

Dermatologists are looking for abnormalities in your skin. They are there to prevent cancer. They are there to examine your skin's health. They aren't there to judge you and they really won't be thinking about the same things you're worried or embarrassed about.

Will a full body skin exam still bring some anxiety? Sure, because going to a doctor, for me in general, makes me feel anxious, but it can be 'as pleasant of an experience as it can be' with the right doctor, even under these "baring-all" circumstances.

I always say, if you feel shamed, belittled or unheard by any doctor, you need to find a new one. 

 

Full Body Skin Exam Challenge

full body skin exam challenge make your appointment
So who's in with me?

Wouldn't you rather feel the relief of getting it taken care of and knowing that if there is anything to find, they'll find it early for the best possible outcome?

I'm going to make an appointment to have my yearly skin exam for the very first time! and let you know exactly how it goes. 

I hope by doing this and sharing my experience, it will take the fear and unknown out of having a full body skin exam and it will make it easier for you to make your own appointment to have your skin checked too. 

Or maybe it will scare you into never doing it. I guess we'll see. ;)


Stay tuned for my follow up post on what happened when I had my first full body skin exam! 

***I'll link it once I'm done...wish me luck!

(Read how I actually overcame my fear of doctors and scheduled it)




Do you have sensitive skin?
You've got to try Fairface Washcloths!

soft flannel washcloths gentle for washing sensitive skin


Fairface Washcloths have 
changed the way we care for sensitive skin! 

Our buttery soft flannel is calming to sensitive skin 
and helps to prevent redness and irritation, 
leaving your skin feeling clean and calm.

Visit FairfaceWashcloths.com and try a set today! 
Your sensitive skin will thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment