Softest Washcloths / Facecloths for Sensitive Skin

Fairface™ Washcloths were mentioned as one of the Best Washcloths for facial cleansing on Into The Gloss! Made for sensitive skin, but loved by all, the soothing properties of Fairface™ Washcloths make them a must-have for any skin care routine.

Soothing, skin-calming fabrics offer relief from further irritation and redness that the harsh textures of regular washcloths can cause. Whether you suffer from red, dry, irritated skin, Eczema, Acne, Rosacea, Dermatitis, or other sensitive skin conditions, Fairface Washcloths™ can offer you gentle, soothing relief.

Only the finest and softest 100% cotton face-friendly fabrics are used to create a soothing and gentle wash, & no harsh textures. Fairface™ Washcloths come in convenient packages of 2 and are affordable for any budget. Experience the pleasure of happy skin with Fairface Washcloths™!

*Available exclusively through the quick & secure Payment option below or our shops: FairfaceWashcloths.com , & Fairface Washcloths.etsy.com


Sensitive Skin Showering Tips: why order matters

showering order for sensitive skin
Fairface Podcast Episode 32 

Sensitive Skin Showering tips: why order matters



Listen NOW or on Apple/Itunes + see other channels





+Be sure to watch our YouTube Video at the end of this post!

INTRO

Hello and welcome to another Mini episode of the Fairface Podcast! I'm so glad you're here!

As I mentioned in our last Mini episode, which was actually the first one, I decided to start posting these shorter episodes, in addition to our monthly podcast episodes, to give you helpful information you can use right now,

in more of a get-right-to-the-point style.

I will share answers to many of the common questions I get asked, as well as helpful information related to issues facing rosacea and sensitive skin. 


Today's episode is all about following a good: 

showering tips for sensitive skin
Sensitive Skin Showering Routine 


and why the order in which you shower, matters to your sensitive skin.

So, let's get right to the point!


Do you shower in the same order every day? 

The reason shower order matters, can be summed up in one word. 

And that is, residue.

How Product Residue Affects Sensitive Skin

What's left behind on your skin, after you get out of the shower if you haven't washed it all off, can be irritating to sensitive skin.

I've noticed that if I hurry through a shower and don't take the time to make sure I'm completely rinsed off - whether it's left over shampoo, or body wash, my skin can get itchy and rashy because of residue left behind.

The way to ensure you don't get itchy from left over products on your skin, is to follow this simple Sensitive Skin Showering Routine.

And by the way, if you haven't listened to the mini episode where I share my Rosacea Skin Care Routine, I would recommend listening to that as well, where I share exactly what products I use to keep my skin clear and calm.


The First Overall Sensitive Skin Showering Tip 

Shower with warm water, rather than hot. We know with Rosacea, it's all about trying to prevent flushing, and hot water can not only create flushing, but also lead to dry skin, which can aggravate sensitive skin conditions like Rosacea, Eczema and Psoriasis, so shower with warm water instead of hot.


Now let's look at:

Why the Order You Shower in, Matters to Sensitive Skin


1st Step - Wash Your Hair

Hair products can be suitable for your scalp and hair, but not be something you'd wash your body with. 

I don't use hair products made for sensitive skin. I did try Vanicream's Free & Clear hair products once but I felt like it stripped my hair too much since I have color treated hair, so I don't personally use those.

I try to use gentle hair products, but they are definitely not something I'd wash my skin with.

By washing your hair first, you don't have to worry that left-over shampoo or conditioner will be left on your body because you'll have plenty of time to make sure it's totally rinsed off.


2nd Step- Wash Your Body

By washing your body 2nd, you're giving yourself extra time to wash off left-over hair product and ensuring it gets cleaned off by your body wash.

Just make sure to completely rinse off your body wash, so nothing is left behind or it could cause some itching and irritation.

Also, if you find that after showering you always seem to feel itchy, it could be your body wash. Fragrance can often be irritating to sensitive skin, so if your body wash is bothering you, stop using it and find something for sensitive skin that works better for you.

I would love to find a great sensitive skin body wash. Right now I use baby wash, but even that has fragrance in it, and I'd love to find something even better.


Final Step in your sensitive skin showering routine should be to: 

3rd Step - Wash Your Face

Washing your face last, will ensure you've had plenty of time to rinse off your hair products and body wash, and can end with a product that is the most gentle to your skin overall.

Plus, this is the smallest area to wash, and it will take the smallest amount of product so the odds of you leaving face cleanser residue on your skin is very low.

I have mentioned many times, my favorite face cleanser for my Rosacea prone, sensitive skin, is Vanicream gentle cleanser which I use with a clean soft flannel Fairface Washcloth

I've been following this face washing routine for years and swear by it. I won't use anything else on my face besides Vanicream and Fairface Washcloths.


Closing Tips for Showering with Sensitive Skin


  • Make sure to blot your face dry with a clean cloth, and definitely not the towel you dry your body off with every day of the week. Yikes! That can transfer bacteria from your towel to your face, so please don't do that.

  • Seal in the moisture you just had on your skin. Get right out of the shower and use your moisturizer after blotting dry, to trap in that moisture.

  • I love CeraVe moisturizing cream. It feels so good on my skin and is great at protecting my skin's barrier. I use it on my face and I also use it on my body.



Following this sensitive skin showering routine has helped me keep my sensitive skin from getting irritated from residue left behind from the products I use on my hair, body and face.

Do you have a showering routine you like to follow? Or favorite products you use?


I'd love to hear about it! 

  • Send me a message on our website FairfaceWashcloths.com/ContactUs . 
  • You can also leave a comment, below.
  • or message me on Instagram @FairfaceWashcloths and I'll always get back to you.
  • We also have a few new videos up on our YouTube channel that you can go check out. 


So, that's it for today's mini episode! 

Thanks again so much for being here! I hope this has been helpful.

Have a great rest of your week and I will see you next time!

xo Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment