Softest Washcloths / Facecloths for Sensitive Skin

Fairface™ Washcloths were mentioned as one of the Best Washcloths for facial cleansing on Into The Gloss! Made for sensitive skin, but loved by all, the soothing properties of Fairface™ Washcloths make them a must-have for any skin care routine.

Soothing, skin-calming fabrics offer relief from further irritation and redness that the harsh textures of regular washcloths can cause. Whether you suffer from red, dry, irritated skin, Eczema, Acne, Rosacea, Dermatitis, or other sensitive skin conditions, Fairface Washcloths™ can offer you gentle, soothing relief.

Only the finest and softest 100% cotton face-friendly fabrics are used to create a soothing and gentle wash, & no harsh textures. Fairface™ Washcloths come in convenient packages of 2 and are affordable for any budget. Experience the pleasure of happy skin with Fairface Washcloths™!

*Available exclusively through the quick & secure Payment option below or our shops: FairfaceWashcloths.com , & Fairface Washcloths.etsy.com


What IT Cosmetics Did to my Rosacea-prone skin

It cosmetics review on rosacea skin
Is It Cosmetics really Rosacea friendly? 

Today I share what happened when I tried It Cosmetics on my rosacea prone skin 


*Disclaimer: This It Cosmetics Rosacea Review is my personal experience with It Cosmetics with products I purchased myself and may not reflect the experience you or someone else may have. 

LISTEN NOW:




Also available on Apple Podcasts



Episode Transcript

Intro:

I have wanted to try It Cosmetics foundation for my rosacea prone sensitive skin for years, and I finally did! 

Today I’ll share what products I tried and what happened when I used them on my rosacea prone sensitive skin.

If you’ve been considering It Cosmetics. Or trying to find the right make-up for your rosacea or sensitive skin, this will be an important episode for you.


Welcome to the Fairface Podcast, where we talk all things rosacea and sensitive skin to help you and your skin look and feel your best. I’m Shannon Sorensen, your rosacea and sensitive skin advocate, and the founder and CEO of Fairface Washcloths for sensitive skin. I’m so glad you’re here. Lets take a look at today’s episode

+

I shared on Instagram that I bought some It Cosmetics foundation for the first time back in Nov, 2023, during their Black Friday sale. 

I had been wanting to try it for years, but I had just put it off because it’s always such a process for me to find products that work for my rosacea prone sensitive skin. 

And since my long time favorite Mary Kay medium coverage Foundation was discontinued, and I’m almost out of what I have left, it lead me back to It Cosmetics, since it’s a brand known for make-up made for Rosacea and Sensitive Skin.

It Cosmetics: Make-up made for Rosacea?


it cosmetics rosacea review
In case you don’t know the back story, It Cosmetics was initially founded by someone who has rosacea and sensitive skin, Jamie Kern Lima. It has since been sold to Loreal, if I’m understanding that correctly. 

The story goes, that Jamie couldn’t find products that worked for her skin, so she wanted to create her own so she teamed up with plastic surgeons and dermatologists and created this line. 

One of her most memorable moments, was boldly going bare-faced on live QVC tv to demonstrate how well the foundation covered up her redness. I think I actually remember watching that many years ago.

So because of all that, It Cosmetics seemed like it should be the perfect foundation for my sensitive skin.

BTW, I really enjoyed reading Jamie’s book, “Believe IT: How to Go from Underestimated to Unstoppable”, where she shared abut her life, her struggles, and the back story to It Cosmetics. If you like reading founder stories, hers was really good. And I was surprised we actually had more in common than just having rosacea. It’s an interesting read.

Lets dive into my review of It Cosmetics Foundation


My It Cosmetics CC Creams Review 


I purchased 4 foundations -

  • I CC Cream Illumination, in Faire
  • 1 Your Skin But Better CC Cream, in Faire Beige
  • 2 CC Creams 1 Faire light and 1 Light

I also received a bonus zipper pouch with some mini skin care products, but I haven’t tried them yet.


Lets take a look at the first one I tried: The CC Cream Illumination in Fair 

CC Cream Illumination Review

CC CRM ILLM S50 FAIR

Here’s what happened-

  • 1st - It was a little lighter coverage than I expected but the color was pretty good
  • 2nd - It looked shiny on my skin, which unfortunately, pronounced every bump and line and imperfection 
  • 3rd - what was most unfortunate, was that it made my skin feel kind of itchy and I ended up having a couple of welts appear on my cheeks. 

I took a break for a couple of days to let my skin settle down and then I decided to try one of the other full coverage cc creams


It Cosmetics Full Coverage CC Cream Review


Next I tried YSBB CC CRM FAIR BEIGE

Here’s what I thought:

  • 1st- I liked the amount of coverage (the full coverage offered) and I did like the color, the light beige was spot on, which surprised me because I wouldn’t have thought a rosy cheeked fair skinned girl would use light beige, but it totally worked! 
  • And just so you know, I had used their website color match against Mary Kay 100 Ivory, which is what I’ve used for years. 
  • 2nd- The full coverage cc cream went on a little thick. I used a makeup sponge to dot it all over my face and then blot and blend it on. So I did not use the make-up brushes they have on their website, but I have always applied my foundation with these make-up sponges so I just did the same thing with that.
  • And it felt kind of thick like that feeling where you want to scrap some off.  I don’t know if it’s because they also have sunscreen in the formulation? But it felt thicker than what I am used to and what I am comfortable with
  • The next thing was that the finish was shiny - like I said before, this didn’t do me any favors. It magnified any imperfection and made me feel like I needed to blot my face or use a power, but I also did not want to be putting even more products on my face.  
  • Another thing, my hair kept sticking to my face - like it was just tacky enough that any fly away hairs would kind of stick and tickle my face and it drove me absolutely crazy.
  • And the last thing was that unfortunately my skin started getting itchy with this as well and I broke out on my cheeks again.

So that was Fail #2 

It Cosmetics CC CREAM US FAIR LIGHT Review-


And you would think I would have stopped there, but after a couple days when my skin cleared up,   I was curious about one of the other CC Creams and how that color would be on me. Maybe I was thinking 3rd time would be a charm…but unfortunately, it was not. 

The other shades had worked for me, but 

  • the CC CREAM US FAIR LIGHT was way off and no where near as light or fair as one would expect. 

The other cc cream I purchased I just didn’t use at all because it was even darker than that one and that one was called Light.

  • For the Fair light, from the first blot I could tell it was totally not my color, and I should have stopped applying it…but I didn’t, I kept going…and it looked so wrong. 
  • My skin has never been that color in my life and it didn’t look natural whatsoever. And no, it also did not match my neck color, which was like ok, if I go to the post office today I need to wear a scarf. Every time I walked by a mirror I had to look at myself and laugh.  Had I just gone on a cruise or am I appearing on broadway with heavy stage make-up? What happened? It was pretty hilarious
  • Unfortunately, the color wasn’t the only problem, a little later, my skin started itching and was getting the same break out starting again on my cheeks, so in the end I decided I had to break-up with It Cosmetics.

It Cosmetics is not for my rosacea prone skin


Honestly, I’m so disappointed after all the hype around It Cosmetics being the “It product” so to speak for Rosacea and Sensitive skin types, because it definitely did not work for me. 

And that’s not to say another person with Rosacea and sensitive skin couldn’t find success with these products, but they did not work for me.

I actually may head back to Mary Kay and try their Time Wise foundation and see how my skin does. I tried a little sample of that but the color I got that was supposed to match my Ivory that I had previously used, but the match was so bad - it was really pasty and light, like I looked like a vampire, but the matte finish looked way better on my skin, than the shine of It Cosmetics. So if I try that, I will let you know how that goes.


Does It Cosmetics Take Returns?


And in case you’re wondering, the return process for It Cosmetics was fairly simple. They took a report about my skin’s negative reaction to the products and didn’t ask me to send those back, but I did have to pay for shipping back the one product I didn’t use, which was kind of annoying because it was kind of expensive even to ship one back. So just keep that in mind if you want to try It Cosmetics, you do have to pay for return shipping.


So, although quite unfortunate, that was my experience with It Cosmetics CC Cream foundations. 


If you have Rosacea and had better luck with It Cosmetics, or have a favorite make-up brand for sensitive skin rosacea types that you can share with me, I would love to hear about it. 


If you’re still on the lookout for rosacea or sensitive skin friendly make-up, I shared back in episode 24 10 Tips to Finding the Right Foundation for Rosacea-prone Skin   so you can go listen to that if you want to, and I also share how I happened upon my last 10 tubes of that discontinued Mary kay foundation.


So that’s it for this episode, thanks so much for being here and I’ll see you next time!

____________________________


Thank you so much for listening! 
Be sure to subscribe to the Fairface Podcast so you never miss an episode! 


Try the best washcloths and face cloths for rosacea and sensitive skin   fairfacewashcloths.com or fairfacewashcloths.etsy.com

Once you try the softness of Fairface Washcloths, you’ll never go back to scratchy old washcloths again. 

See you next time!
















No comments:

Post a Comment