Softest Washcloths / Facecloths for Sensitive Skin

Fairface™ Washcloths were mentioned as one of the Best Washcloths for facial cleansing on Into The Gloss! Made for sensitive skin, but loved by all, the soothing properties of Fairface™ Washcloths make them a must-have for any skin care routine.

Soothing, skin-calming fabrics offer relief from further irritation and redness that the harsh textures of regular washcloths can cause. Whether you suffer from red, dry, irritated skin, Eczema, Acne, Rosacea, Dermatitis, or other sensitive skin conditions, Fairface Washcloths™ can offer you gentle, soothing relief.

Only the finest and softest 100% cotton face-friendly fabrics are used to create a soothing and gentle wash, & no harsh textures. Fairface™ Washcloths come in convenient packages of 2 and are affordable for any budget. Experience the pleasure of happy skin with Fairface Washcloths™!

*Available exclusively through the quick & secure Payment option below or our shops: FairfaceWashcloths.com , & Fairface Washcloths.etsy.com


My Rosacea Skin Care Routine

best skin care routine and products for Rosacea
Fairface Podcast E30: 


My Rosacea Skin Care Routine



Listen now or on Apple/Itunes  or other channels here







Fairface Podcast transcript / show notes

INTRO

Hello and welcome to the first ever Mini Episode of the Fairface Podcast! 

I decided to start adding mini episodes, in addition to our monthly podcast episodes, to give you helpful information you can use RIGHT NOW,

 in more of a GET-RIGHT-TO-THE-POINT style.

I will share answers to many of the common questions I'm asked all the time, like, today's episode,

What is your Rosacea Skin Care Routine?

So, let's get right to the point!


the skin care routine I follow for Rosacea


My Rosacea Skin Care Routine Consists of 4 Parts:


1 Cleansing
2 Moisturizing
3 Managing
4 Protecting

[*product links will be provided at the end of the post]

Let's start with Cleansing

1 Washing Rosacea Skin

I wash my face every morning and every night with Vanicream gentle cleanser. This was recommended by my Dermatologist and I haven't gone back to anything else since I started using this several years ago. It's my favorite cleanser and it is gentle for Rosacea, Eczema and many other sensitive skin conditions.

+

I also use Fairface soft flannel washcloths to wash my face with and they are so gentle and soothing to my skin.

I use 2 types of Fairface Washcloths, 

fairface washcloths for rosacea skin
At night I use Fairface Dual Washcloths - those are the ones with both a soft flannel side and a terrycloth side. I mainly use the soft flannel side on my face and the terry side only on areas of my face that aren't sensitive, like on the sides of my face up by my hairline, just to make sure I get my make-up and sunscreen off.

In the morning I like to use Fairface Delicate Washcloths - those are the ones with 2 layers of soft flannel. They are very gentle to my skin. 


And it's probably no surprise to you, that Fairface Washcloths are the only washcloths I will use on my face because they are gentle enough for my Rosacea prone skin and they don't irritate or cause redness like every other washcloth I've ever tried does.

In case you missed the last episode, [ Got Sensitive Skin? Stop doing this now. ] you should go back and listen to it, where I talk about why it's so important to take texture out of your sensitive skin care routine. So you might want to go back and listen to that.


To remove eye make-up, 

I love using Fairface Mini soft flannel facial pads. They are really soft on my tender eye area and it's also great because I'm not using and throwing away disposable cotton rounds. The Fairface Mini's are just a small version of the washcloths and they can be used and washed many, many times.

With the flannel facial pads, I use an oil free eye make-up remover like Neutrogena or the Target or Wal-Mart brands. My eyes tolerate all of those really well. 


Now on to Moisturizing

2 Moisturizing Rosacea Skin

My favorite moisturizer is CeraVe moisturizing cream. It's thick and feels really good on my skin. And although it's thick, it doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy. I would say, it feels protected. It seals in the much needed moisture and the Ceramides helps keep my skin barrier healthy. So honestly, hands down my favorite moisturizer.


Next, lets go to Managing my Rosacea

3 Managing Rosacea Skin (aka Treatments for Rosacea)

To manage my Rosacea, I apply Metronidazole gel, prescribed by my dermatologist, after I wash my face and before I apply my moisturizer. 

I asked my Dermatologist last year if I had to keep using this medicated gel on my face and she basically said, treatments for Rosacea are necessary the rest of my life. Because Rosacea isn't something that can be cured, using any kind of medication is like treating and managing any other disorder or disease. 

Of course I have the option of not using this treatment, and honestly, there's nothing wrong with it, I really have had great results with it, but I just wondered, is this something I'm going to have to keep refilling and using the rest of my life, and it turns out that it is.

If I didn't want to use it I don't have to, but we know Rosacea can get worse if it's not treated or managed.

There may be people who are able to manage their Rosacea with diet or other means, but this is what works for me so I keep using it as a part of my skin care routine.  


4 Protect Rosacea Skin

Lastly, to protect my skin, I use Eucerin's Daily SPF 30 on my face every day, rain or shine. 

Dermatologists say it's best to use SPF on your face in addition to your foundation, even if your foundation has SPF in it. 

The reason, is because most people don't apply enough foundation to be sufficient for full SPF coverage to their skin.


A few more Rosacea Skin Care Tips

Before I go, let me quickly run down a few more Rosacea Skin Care Tips with you that have helped me through the years, to keep my skin clean, clear and calm.

  • Blot your face dry with a soft, clean cloth and never with the same towel you dry your body off with. Most people keep using their body towels several days during a week and it's just a matter of time before you're transferring bacteria onto your face. So, always use a soft clean cloth to blot your face with after you get out of the shower or wash your face, and you can still use your body towel on your body.

  • I also recommend using warm water to wash your face, instead of hot because hot water can cause flushing and drying of your skin.

  • Make skin care a priority and always follow your routine

  • Use fragrance free detergent on anything that touches your face, like towels, washcloths, and pillow cases, sheets, etc.

  • Change your pillow case every other night - I follow the flip rule - I use a clean pillow case night 1, flip it to the other side that is clean, and sleep on that night 2; then I put on a new clean pillow case night 3, I flip it and sleep on the other side 4 and so on until laundry day.


Favorite Pillow Cases for Rosacea

I've mentioned before that my new favorite pillow cases are Fairface Silk-cotton pillow cases

because they are so soft and cooling to my face & gentle to my skin and hair. I love sleeping on these. If you're interested, we still have a few left in our Etsy shop, as of today so you can go check to see what we have in stock.


I've been following this skin care routine and following these tips for many years and it has consistently helped me keep my Rosacea-prone skin to stay clear and to stay calm. And that's what we all want.

Do I still get the occasional breakout? Yes. Do I still have days where I get a few random itchy red spots on my face? Yes.  There are still lots of factors we can't always control, like temperature, or life stress that can make an impact oon our skin. But I always try to stay true to my skin care routine and that has made a huge difference to my skin.


Rosacea Skin Care Products that Work Well for Me

I will link a list of all of these Rosacea skin care products that work so well for me, in the show notes, which will be posted on our blog, FairfaceWashcloths.blogspot.com. [*scroll to the bottom of the post]

You can find all of the products online, and some can be found in most drug stores like Target, Wal-Mart, Rite Aid, Walgreens, or whatever drug stores you have in your area.

Many of our Fairface Washcloths customers also follow this same routine, or a very similar routine. All of these products are well tolerated by Rosacea, Eczema and other Sensitive skin conditions.

And by the way, 

  • one of the upcoming Fairface mini episodes I'm going to share is about the best Showering Routine for Sensitive Skin and why the order in which you shower matters, so stay tuned for that.


Well, that's about it for this mini episode of the Fairface Podcast! I don't know how mini it actually is, I haven't looked to see how long it is, but I wanted to give you some helpful information, right-to-the-point that can you use for your Rosacea or sensitive skin care routine.

I hope this has helped you.


What is your Roacea skin care routine? I would love to know what you're using!

I genuinely would love to hear from you!

Thanks again so much for being here!

I will see you next time!



SHOP my favorite Rosacea Skin Care Products:

*This list includes some convenient product links to Amazon.com. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn a small commission on products purchased through my links. Thank you for your support so I can continue bringing you helpful information and product recommendations to help your sensitive skin. 

CLEANSE: 

MOISTURIZE: 

MANAGE: 

  • Metronidazole gel, *for your information, by prescription only 

PROTECT: 




Watch our latest Fairface videos on YouTube!





No comments:

Post a Comment