Softest Washcloths / Facecloths for Sensitive Skin

Fairface™ Washcloths were mentioned as one of the Best Washcloths for facial cleansing on Into The Gloss! Made for sensitive skin, but loved by all, the soothing properties of Fairface™ Washcloths make them a must-have for any skin care routine.

Soothing, skin-calming fabrics offer relief from further irritation and redness that the harsh textures of regular washcloths can cause. Whether you suffer from red, dry, irritated skin, Eczema, Acne, Rosacea, Dermatitis, or other sensitive skin conditions, Fairface Washcloths™ can offer you gentle, soothing relief.

Only the finest and softest 100% cotton face-friendly fabrics are used to create a soothing and gentle wash, & no harsh textures. Fairface™ Washcloths come in convenient packages of 2 and are affordable for any budget. Experience the pleasure of happy skin with Fairface Washcloths™!

*Available exclusively through the quick & secure Payment option below or our shops: FairfaceWashcloths.com , & Fairface Washcloths.etsy.com


Best Advice for Rosacea and Sensitive skin: Meet Shannon, the Founder of Fairface Washcloths

Founder of Fairface washcloths for sensitive skin Shannon Sorensen
Hello! I don't often put myself in blog posts or in my social media feed, but I wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. 

I am Shannon Sorensen, the founder and CEO of Fairface, the maker of Fairface Washcloths for sensitive skin.

I thought I'd answer some of the questions I'm asked the most. If there's something you'd like to know, just ask! Find me on Instagram and Facebook @FairfaceWashcloths or you can email me through our website (links at the end).

Thanks for being here!

WHERE DO YOU LIVE? 

I live in the beautiful state of Washington with my wonderful husband, in a little suburb outside Seattle. 

I grew up in this area and migrated back to it because it just feels like home. It rains a lot, but is one of the most beautiful places in the world. From the clean air, to the mountains, oceans, lakes, on eastward to the lush farming country, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. 

DO YOU HAVE KIDS?

I wanted a big family, with lots of kiddos around me, but unfortunately we weren't able to have kids, even after going through invitro. But do I love kids? Yes I do! I cherish each of my nieces and nephews and love spending time with them. I spent many years of my life working in schools and even helped manage an after-school program of 125 children and loved being around those kids so much!

WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE THINGS TO DO?

I love photography, riding my bike and spending time outside and exploring- whether it's walking through the woods, sitting by the ocean, getting out on the water, or up in the mountains. I also love watching home renovation and home organizing shows, spending time with my husband and family, and cozying up on the couch with a good movie and bowl of popcorn.

DID YOU ALWAYS WANT TO BE AN ENTREPRENEUR?

I have always had entrepreneurial ambitions, but I certainly didn't know this is where I would be today. I have always loved creating things and even had my own photography business for a while taking photos of people and selling landscape prints and cards, but for the most part, I had traditional jobs. What started as a sewing hobby 10 years ago, morphed into something much bigger and once I started making and sewing my skin care washcloths line, it just went from there.  

WHAT IS YOUR BACKGROUND IN?

This may surprise you, but I have a Master's Degree in Human Development. My original goal entering graduate school was to eventually open my own counseling practice. While I didn't end up going down that path after grad school, I don't regret one minute of it because what I learned is applicable to my previous jobs, current business, and life in so many ways.

WHAT IS YOUR SKIN-TYPE?

In case you didn't know, I have Rosacea (mild-moderate). I was diagnosed about 11 years ago. I have always had sensitive skin and the Rosacea just bumped it up - a lot! It was because of my Rosacea diagnosis that I created Fairface Washcloths in the first place!


I wash my rosacea prone skin with vanicream cleanser and Fairface Washcloths and moisturize with CeraVe cream
A few of my rosacea skin routine favorites: Vanicream cleanser,
Fairface Washcloths and CeraVe moisturizing cream


WHAT IS YOUR SKIN CARE ROUTINE?

MORNING 

I wash my face with Vanicream Gentle Cleanser and a Delicate Fairface Washcloth. I apply a prescribed topical called metronidazole gel, followed by Vanicream's Lite Lotion or CeraVe's moisturizing cream and Eucerin's Daily SPF 30. I ALWAYS use daily SPF no matter what. Even if I'm just working inside.

EVENING 

I wash my face with Vanicream's Gentle Cleanser, and a Fairface Dual washcloth. After washing and patting dry, I apply my topical medication. Sometimes I use the metronidazole gel morning and night, but right now I'm using Azelaic acid at night. 

Next I slather my face with CeraVe's moisturizing cream. For any excess eye make-up, I use Neutrogena or Target brand oil-free eye makeup remover with a Fairface Dark washcloth or a soft kleenex, and for unwanted bumps I apply a small amount of Paula's Choice BHA 9 as a spot treatment. I want to start incorporating a Vitamin C and retinoid, but am hesitant because I don't know how my skin will tolerate it. That's on my Derm-to-do list! Oh, and I love to use Burt's Bees Beeswax lip balm with Vitamin E & Peppermint Oil on my lips every night.

WHAT KIND OF MAKE-UP DO YOU USE?

I keep my make-up routine pretty simple. I use eye-liner (usually Maybelline) and mascara (usually Loreal) on my eyes, and Mary Kay medium coverage foundation. Unfortunately, this foundation that I love and have been wearing for years was discontinued, so I may branch out and try IT cosmetics when I run out. 

And that's pretty much it. I don't use eye shadow or blush, I already have a little pink showing through my cheeks and that's enough for me!

WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE TO OTHERS WITH ROSACEA OR SENSITIVE SKIN?

You are beautiful just as you are. God doesn't make mistakes
You are beautiful exactly the way you are.
God doesn't make mistakes.

This could be a blog post all its own, honestly! I've learned so much over the years of what has helped me.

1. I would say, first of all, if you are struggling with your skin, know that you are not alone. 

I know how hard it can be when you are in the middle of it and don't know what to do to make it better. If possible, find a licensed Dermatologist or Esthetician to help you. You can be your best advocate. You don't need to suffer or feel alone. It can make all the difference.

2. I would also recommend reviewing and simplifying your skin care routine and only using GENTLE products. 

Quite often sensitive skin and Rosacea can't tolerate many of the mainstream skin care products that are out there. I know it can be tempting to use cleansers and lotions that smell good, but those are usually the ones that leave your skin irritated. Make sure to check the ingredients in your foundation too, if you wear make-up.

Try skin care products made for sensitive skin like Vanicream Gentle Cleanser and Lite lotion or CeraVe's moisturizing cream. Those are basic and gentle and don't have any irritants in them so it can help your skin to calm down.  

3. I would also recommend getting rid of anything with harsh textures you've been using against your skin. 

Things like electronic brushes, microfiber cloths and even baby washcloths can be irritating to sensitive skin. Just use your fingers or use our smooth, soft face cloths that are made for sensitive skin and don't irritate.

4. Also change your pillow case often (I sleep on a clean side every night). 

It adds a little more laundry, but can help keep your skin more calm and clear. We are coming out with some amazing new Silk-Cotton pillowcases that are a true luxury for your skin and hair. I'll share a link once they are available.

5. And above all, try to love and accept yourself just as you are. 

I know this may sound trite and can be easier said than done, but work on it until you believe it. You are beautiful exactly as you are. God doesn't make mistakes.

See, I told you I could write a blog post just on this question!

If you have any other questions for me, please feel free to reach out through Instagram and Facebook @FairfaceWashcloths or email me through our website. I'd love to connect with you! I always say we have the BEST customers and followers and I truly mean it! 


Thanks again for being here! xo Shannon




To shop my favorite washcloths for sensitive skin: 
or 

No comments:

Post a Comment