Softest Washcloths / Facecloths for Sensitive Skin

Fairface™ Washcloths were mentioned as one of the Best Washcloths for facial cleansing on Into The Gloss! Made for sensitive skin, but loved by all, the soothing properties of Fairface™ Washcloths make them a must-have for any skin care routine.

Soothing, skin-calming fabrics offer relief from further irritation and redness that the harsh textures of regular washcloths can cause. Whether you suffer from red, dry, irritated skin, Eczema, Acne, Rosacea, Dermatitis, or other sensitive skin conditions, Fairface Washcloths™ can offer you gentle, soothing relief.

Only the finest and softest 100% cotton face-friendly fabrics are used to create a soothing and gentle wash, & no harsh textures. Fairface™ Washcloths come in convenient packages of 2 and are affordable for any budget. Experience the pleasure of happy skin with Fairface Washcloths™!

*Available exclusively through the quick & secure Payment option below or our shops: FairfaceWashcloths.com , & Fairface Washcloths.etsy.com


Tween and Teen Skin care 101: Part 1

pre teen and teen skin care information podcast
Fairface Podcast Episode 42  - 

Tween and Teen Skin care 101: Part 1




Listen NOW or on Apple/Itunes + other channels






Fairface Podcast transcript / show notes

Intro:

Hello and welcome back to another episode of the Fairface Podcast! I'm so glad to be with you again today.


Today's episode is Part 1, of a special series on Tween & Teen Skin Care. 

Today's episode is in preparation for our next episode where I will be talking with a very special guest, Patti Robinson, a licensed esthetician and sole practitioner and owner of Sapphire Skin Care & Healing in Portland, Oregon.

I'm so excited to bring Patti on, to talk about something we both feel very passionate about, and that is, educating pre-teens and teens about skin care (as well as educating their parents) so they all can feel empowered and have the correct information and know- 

  • what products to use on their skin 
  • how to use them 
  • and what to do if their skin breaks out 

so they have all the resources they need to be able to take good care of their skin and feel good about themselves. 

I certainly don't want youth to be left guessing or relying on the internet or social media from people who most likely don't know the right way to do things either.

The hope is that by educating pre-teens and teens, to know how to take care of their skin, it will help them not to feel ashamed if their skin is acting up, but they will understand it's normal, and what to do about it, and hopefully feel more comfortable and confident with themselves and not be afraid to ask questions or ask for help.


Who Taught You about Skin Care?

tween and teen skin care classes
I don't know about you, back when I was a tween and teen myself, I don't really remember being taught anything about washing my face. 

I don't really remember when I started specifically following any kind of skin care routine, other than just taking a shower.

I have an older sister and I think I just watched her wash her face with products my mom would bring home from the store, and we would just use them on our faces, with the washcloths that came with the towel sets. 

Back in the 80's and 90's we used products like Noxzema skin cream that tingled and burned and Seabreeze astringent on a cotton ball (that was used as a toner) that also stung the heck out of my face, and I don't think I even put any moisturizer on after I washed my face because I was under the impression that it would make my face breakout.

It makes me cringe to think about how *I thought* I was taking good care of my skin.

I didn't really know much about skin care and pretty much just did what my sister did and followed the advice from 17 Magazine.


Skin Care Questionnaire Results

A few months ago, I sent out a questionnaire to a bunch of my friends, family and Fairface customers asking them if anyone taught them how to care for their skin as a preteen/teen? This is what they reported back:

  • Only 28% of them said they were taught about how to take care of their skin, whether by their mom teaching them or their mom taking them to a beauty counter, or another family member teaching them about how to take care of their skin.

  • The other whopping 72% said no one taught them about how to take care of their skin. They basically learned by trial and error, reading magazines, going to beauty stores, makeup counters, looking at Pinterest, or simply just following what their mom, sister or friends did.


So this really just reinforced my assumption that often times, kids between the ages of 11-17 or so, aren't necessarily being taught how to care for their skin, or: 

  • what products are good for their skin, 
  • what they can expect that is normal for skin to do, 
  • what to do if certain things are happening with their skin, 
  • and who they can talk to with their questions instead of keeping it all inside 
  • or trying to find answers on their own from sources that might not be the best. 


Tween & Teen Skin challenges and Self Esteem

We know that skin challenges can cause major self-esteem issues and can be very traumatizing for youth in these age groups, and maybe you were one of those people. My hope is to help provide resources and information so people can feel empowered and less alone. 

In this day and age, because we have so much information available online, the internet can be a wonderful resource for youth and parents to find information about skin care. 

On the flip side, it can also be a place where there can be a lot of misinformation, like skin care trends or advice that can actually be damaging to their skin. 

So I want to always point people in the direction of the best professional, quality resources and information.


Skin Care Programs for Pre-teen and Teens

Honestly, I wish school districts would make personal care and hygiene a class for middle school and high school students so kids would have reliable, correct information and resources instead of trying to find advice on their own that may not be the best.

I can see it all in my head. It would be a health class that the schools could bring in professionals from the community to share with the students about subjects like skin care, hygiene, and mental health. I don't think there are programs like this in the schools right now, but wish there were!

So I'm just trying to do my part, by finding and sharing great resources with you. 

And that is also why I am very excited to have Patti Robinson on the podcast, because she is a licensed esthetician who happens to also teach skin care classes to pre-teens and teens. How cool is that? 


pre teen and teen skin care podcast
Stay Tuned for Part 2 of Tween and Teen Skin care 101

I invite you to come back and listen to our next episode with Patti Robinson, who will be sharing her wealth of knowledge about Pre-teen and Teen skin care!

We'll be covering some of the most common questions like:

  • At what age is it best to start a skin care routine?
  • What products work well for this age group?
  • What types of skin challenges might they face and what should they do?
  • Are their different tips for boys versus girls?

As well as more about what Patti covers in her youth skin care classes 

It's going to be a wonderful conversation full of great information for you and your tweens and teens, so please come back and join us. I will be sure to give you updates as I know more about when that episode with be available. 


Submit Your Pre-teen and Teen Skin Care Questions

If you have any questions for Patti, please send them to me by this Friday, 10/14/22, and hopefully she can answer as many questions as she can during our conversation.

The best way to submit your questions about Tween and Teen Skin Care is to email me [at Shannon  @ Fairface Washcloths . com] with Tweens and Teens in the subject line so I'll be able to see it quickly.

I'm really looking forward to all the great information Patti is going to share and I know it can help you as well. It's going to be a great episode.

Thank you so much for being here and I can't wait to see you next time! Take care!




gentle washcloths for teens and tweens
You can submit your Tween and Teen Skin Care questions below as well.

We're looking forward to a great conversation!


Our soft flannel washcloths are a great part of a tween and teen's skin care routine because they are so gentle. Patti even uses them in her skin care classes!


SHOP our soft flannel washcloths through our

Fairface Washcloths Etsy Shop

Or

FairfaceWashcloths.com








No comments:

Post a Comment